View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default Not really the same

I have both as well a Bold and the only device that I would think of leaving Storm for is the Bold as somedays I really miss the keypad.

iPhone does some things very well - most I classify as time wasters. Sure it's got some neat little "apps" but myself (as well recent research) has shown people get bored with them. With the sheer amount of apps I guess you could check out a new app every few days before you get bored.

I still find typing on the iPhone painfully slow compared to Storm, not to mention regular Blackberry. Sure the web / media experience has that Apple polish but I'm not a big iTunes user to begin with and all my media is obtained through other means. The allure of iPhone to iPod users is a channel Apple needed to exploit and leverage and it worked for the initial growth. For majority of mobile device users it's been a reaction I'll call luke-warm. Applications on a mobile device is not anything new. Apple just streamlined the process to locate and install them. Considering 95% are throwaway / junk strip that away to the core functionality you want in a mobile device.

To me Blackberry is hands down a better device at getting things done.

Push email
Multi-tasking (having facebook, aim, e-trade etc all running at once is better then the whole open / close / open / close flipping you do on iPhone.
Mailbox intergration with Outlook is so far ahead of what iPhone provides it's a joke. Blackberry is an extension of your mailbox / desktop and iPhone is a gadget with neat apps and a barely usable email client. Blackberry offers click to dial, email across all programs so it all just works.

If I didn't work all week, the iPhone has alot to offer a casual user. Unfortunately I do and Blackberry helps me get work done.
Offline   Reply With Quote