View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

I gave up on Funambol and Nice Office. Too many conflicts trying to keep my phone, outlook, and the web pages in sync. Duplicates etc. Messed up my regular 8900 to DM syncs. I got all back to normal and deleted those two accounts.

Question: In deleting Nice Office from phone apps it left the Icon in my downloads folder showing it as archived. Same as Vlingo. These both came from BB App World and I never saw this before after deleting an app. Even when I deleted NO in the past. Is this new, and how do I get rid of the Icons? Do they consume memory? I found them on my sd card and deleted those folders, but they still are in the download folder as archived. Didn't see a way to delete them thru DM.

Ooops: I searched and solved the archived problem while posting this. Only one that worked for me was to from app world click reinstall, pause, then cancel. I then pulled the battery and they are now gone. It seems to be hit an miss on getting rid of the archived folders for different folks.

Ken