Old 12-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
SSbogger

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
What won't install it??

The installer (I'm guessing installer 3.1)?
XML 6.0?
Desktop manager?

I assume XP, do you have SP2? latest patches from MS?

At this point it sounds more like an OS problem than a RIM one.
I've got XP and SP2. I assume that this XML 6.0 either comes with XP or is included in SP2.

For some reason my computer tells me that it is not installed and prompts me to install XML 6.0 when I'm trying to install BB Desktop. I click "install" and it acts like it is installing it and finishes without showing any errors but when I got to install BB Desktop software again it gives me the same message about XML 6.0 not being installed. I've tried restarting after it seems that the XML was install too.

So this brings me to try and download XML off the Microsoft Download page. I download the file but need Windows Installer 3.1 to install it. I download Installer 3.1 and install it. Now I'm not real sure how to install the XML file I downloaded. I double click it (XML file) and it asks what program I want to use to open it (it is a .msi file). There is no folder that the installer 3.1 was installed in so I just tried to use the installer 3.1 setup file and that doesn't work.

I've got all the recent updates and my computer is set to update automatically in fact. I just don't understand why both my work and home computer are having this problem but seems like no one else has ever run into it.
Offline   Reply With Quote