View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
madlib
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Meh. I'm the biggest Apple fanboi you're likely to find, but the iPhone will not sway me. I guess I'm too big a Blackberry fan to feel the iPhone part of the RDF spectrum.

EDIT: For those who don't know what the RDF is, here is the explanation. For years the Macintosh faithful paid more money for Apple computers knowing full well that they were less powerful than their pc counterparts. We did this gladly, with pride, and a fair amount of that snooty, "you wouldn't understand, you're a Windows user" thing. Some claimed that the only way for Apple to pull off this coup and to have created the Cult of Macintosh was to use a secret machine buried deep in the bowels of 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, that put out a Reality Distortion Field and convinced us to continue buying the latest and greatest Apple products. Price and performance be damned. We want our elegant Mac OSX operating system, whatever the cost. And those shiny Apple gadgets too! The buying patterns of the Macintosh faithful have defied all models of rational consumer behavior and are studied in business schools.
That is a VERY interesting read thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote