Old 10-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #4
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep
Yes, well that's very useful, but the killer apps for Exchange are e-mail (doh!) and the integrated calendaring.

What does BES Give users for calendaring features of Exchange?

Any users care to chime in? We do not use BES, and I never have seen what a Blackberry user can do with it..
If you use BES, then a user can create a meeting and send invitations from his BB. Users can also 'accept' meeting invites on their BB and it will be automatically added to their calendar on their BB and wirelessly synched to their Outlook calendar. These features are not possible without BES. Also handy was when my assistant would manage my calendar from the corporate office while I was traveling. The next time I viewed my calendar on my BB, I would see new appointments that she added to the calendar, due to the wireless sync. Again - not possible with just BWC.

So depending on the types of users, BES may or may not be a big advantage to you. I would say if your users are Execs who have assistants that manage their calendars, then BES is a must. If they are users that manage their own calendars, it's a toss-up (as long as you can still enable email-forwarding to get the pushing of corporate email).