View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #17
DrJerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
I guess the question is how many devices are purchased by companies for their employees vs. personal bought. There is already a huge debate in many companies over personal liable devices accessing corporate data so as mobility grows (and I agree it will grow tremendously - likely slower in the current economy)

The biggest issue is carriers need to cut the costs of data plans as it is cost prohibitive to the average consumer.
I agree...the cost of unlimited data plans are high. Just look at the number of iPhones that have/are being purchased. Most of them are for personal use (few are corporate vs the blackberry). So...the market is very receptive to personal tech devices.
Blackberry will always have a niche market in the corporate arena...but the number is small compared to the general mobile market. Look at Nokia...most of their phones are personal use data phones and they have sold millions and millions of them. The Pre will do very well in markets such as Europe and particularly Asia...where "coolness" and data (particularly SMS, MMS) is huge.