Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #20
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by i robot View Post
Context- I arrive home from my day job as a Medic @ 5.45pm. My wife again only just in from her job as a nurse tells me that she wants the new ‘pink’ blackberry. Our local phone store shuts at 6pm so there was no hope of getting there and I don’t ever rely on the information they supply you with especially on smart phones.

I was due to begin work at a childline call centre at 7pm which I do once per week as a volunteer. The phone had to be purchased the next morning (today Wednesday) as my wife was due to travel Thursday to the UK and porting her number here to the new network takes a day. Therefore my rush!-End context

I was able to check in once during my 12 hr shift to see the comments left on the forum and couldn’t believe some of the responses left to a polite post asking for some quick info from a long time member who’s been out of the mix for a while.

On a daily basis I deal with people often being asked similar questions over and over again and I would never be a discourteous as to tell them ‘where to go’ in what can only be described as the having the intelligence of a Budwiser advert, and I quote ‘Hahaha, ‘perfect response’, ‘Beat me to it’, ‘Nice’. I wonder how many of your thousands of posts consist of such high levels of acumen.

Mr Sanders you can edit, destroy, remove my posts as you wish, whatever gives you a sense of holding some benign power over others in this small little space in the vast world of the net. And I thought Americans believed in free speech. Meanwhile I’ll serve society in a more meaningful way.
NJ appreciates your day job; I don't care what you do. Do your job and stop whining. If this whole BB thing for your wife is important enough to you, get off your ass and spend a little time on it. You choose to do what you do, you also chose to come here and say help, I can't help myself.

Sorry, I won't help someone that refuses to at least attempt to help themselves.

Now, if someone had a gun to your head or you were dying, or Timmy had fallen into a well and needed help (and Lassie wasn't available) with some BlackBerry information I'm pretty sure everyone here would help out.

But "loads of questions no time to search", doesn't cut it here, and it doesn't cut it in life.

Get over yourself.