Old 09-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
MCS

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: OPTUS
Question Unknown/Private numbers not displaying in phone log

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilatt View Post
Since upgrading from an 8830 to a 9630, I have noticed that "Private Numbers" no longer show up in the call list displayed on the phone screen. Is this the case for other users, or is it just me?

My 8830 displayed missed and received calls from private numbers on the phone screen, but my 9630 doesn't. My "Phone List View" is set to "Most Recent," which I thought would list ALL calls, sorted with the most recent first, but "Private Numbers" are omitted from this list. Whether a call from a Private Number is missed or received, there is no record of it my call list. For example, my sister called from her home line (which is restricted), so the caller ID displayed "Private Number." I answered the call, but after, there was no record of it in my call list. This seems weird to me. If I view my "Phone Call Log" folder (Messages> Menu key> View Folder> Phone Call Logs), the Private Number calls are listed. Is there a way to get Private Numbers to show up on the phone screen?

I have this exact same problem! It started last week right after I upgraded my 9000 to OS 5.0. It is a business phone and I need to have a log of all calls, even those with private numbers. No, I don't want to see the actual number, I just want a record that the call actually occured. And no I don't think that having to manually change my settings for my message folder is an adequate solution as I have 100+ inbound emails in the course of a day, so those phone records would be deleted and unable to be retrieved.

So, before I downgrade to OS 4, does anyone have any solutions for this exceptionally irritating problem?
Offline   Reply With Quote