View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
harryagina

Model: Bold5
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel NG
Default Corrupt Files in Bold 5 Device

Please Login to Remove!

My problem with Bold 5 started when I plugged it into a guy's computer to exchange files. All files in "Device" and "Media Card" got corrupted, and now having additional ".ink" at the end of every file name. The corrupt files with the additional ".ink" following the file names in the "Device" and "Media card" cannot be opened. Any new file that I add to the "Device" and "Media card" folders also gets corrupted with the same ".ink" tag and becomes inaccessible too. Then I realized that using the "show hidden" option I have good duplicates of all the files in the "Device" and "Media Card" in their original names and I can open them. Mind you, I can not delete the corrupt files either. They return each time I delete them. My big problem now is that I cannot attach and uplink any of the files to send in email because the "Device" and "Media Card" are empty when I browse to them to attach files. And, I cannot access the "Show Hidden" option while in the attach mode. Also, my music has all disappeared, and when I try to sync them again from my laptop to the Bold 5 it tells me that the files already exist, and yet I cannot find them to play when I get to the music platform in Bold 5. Somebody heeellllp...pleeeaaassssee!!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote