View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #13
JavaBratt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Re: Leaving 8530 for 9650... thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfleck View Post
I just switched over from an 8530 to a 9650 and am unsure if I like it. One of the main things I dislike (and this may be the OS6 not the device) is having only one default email address. What I mean is on my other device I could specific by email folder which email address I wanted to use when composing a new email. I didn't have to select it everytime.

Hope you follow me, 2 email addresses setup with separate folders, and each email folder had it's own default email address that would Send and Receive to it. I know the new 9650 with OS only will allow you to set one default email address no matter how many email accounts you have set up. When you compose a new email regardless of what mailbox folder your in you have to change the email address you want to send it from. What a PITA!
Thats my only complaint of the switch I have.
I think I understand what you are saying, I think lol ;)

I tested this out on my device and here is what I noticed...

If I open the icon for my Live.com mail, press menu>compose I get my "default" email at the top (which is gmail). BUT if I do the same with any one of my gmail addresses (I have 4), the email address specific to the folder I opened is what it listed at the top. I also tried this for my website email addresses as well as another I have for the site where I host my themes, and they all had the "default" mailbox listed at top.

So apparently when you're in an individual email, as long as it is gmail you can compose from it, whereas all others will send from the "default" email address. But anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I've only had my 9650 a couple of weeks and am still unsure as to how everything works.

Thanks cfleck for pointing this out as this will come in very handy for me ;)