View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
DSS597
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Like I said, I really wanted to the N97 to replace my Bold. I went 5 days straight with ONLY the N97, and at the end of the week, I reverted back to the Bold. And this was giving it a true objective field test, not just because it's a new device that I'm "uncomfortable" with. I forced myself to be able to do all of my daily tasks and applications with the N97, and like I said it just doesn't do it all yet. And keep in mind I'm staying objective, and not even comparing the N97 directly to the Bold, I'm just saying that the Bold does the things that I need on the daily and the N97 doesn't. I even tried testing it again after the first N97 software update, reverted back to the Bold after a couple of days.

Now what I will directly compare is the keyboard of the two, and the Bold just kills the N97. Pretty much any device will kill the N97's keyboard. The fact that you have to hit an extra button for the comma, and period if I'm not mistaken.

The build quality of the N97 is fine. I personally don't "worry" about any device and scuffing it up, if that's what you mean. The N97 isn't any more delicate than the Bold if that's what you're asking. If I were to throw either of them in a bag, they would be in a holster as well.

Hold down the letter you want as a capital and save yourself a step. ;)