View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #11
BluePolaski
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePolaski
Looks like NTP's "legs" are becoming increasingly less stable in terms of their patents. Here is another article regarding this that I found.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11130935/

Here is my question though. I understand that the NTP vs RIM and the US Patent Offices reviews of NTP patents are two seperate cases. But how can Judge Spencer be allowed to simply say "I will not wait for the patent office and the case will move at the speed I dictate?"

I am no legal expert and I am sure there is an explination, but it seems to me that it is somewhat "bias" and not really allowing for due process to just decide things in the manner Judge Spencer is. Just curious on what the thoughts are regarding to that. I mean, if I were a judge sitting in his place realizing what is at stake if I were to rule in favor of an injunction, I would want to take a long hard look at the basis for NTP's suit was, no matter how long it took. Or in other words, at least wait and listen to what the Patent Office has to say.

I guess is it just my personality, but I would definately not be willing to award any money to a company who creates nothing (no products) and who's patents (after todays Pantent Office ruling) apparently have very little to do with the technology world we are in today,.
So back to the question at hand...does anyone know how the Judge could just press on with the case leaving out what seems to me to be pretty vital information coming from the patent office. I mean it seems as though he wants this to be done and over with. But if he rules before the Patent Office issues its final ruling and RIM appeals, isnt he actually dragging this on further for himself?