View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Thinqer

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Your computer must be connected to the Internet...

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

Just got my new BB Pearl 8110 today (an upgrade from the 8100) and installed v4.3 of the desktop manager on my PC (over the top of my previous install of 4.0). I then connected the 8110 to my PC only to get the message:

"Your computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially configure synchronization settings. Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet and try again."

I checked and I AM connected to the internet! Clicked retry a couple of times and get the same message.The desktop manager recognises my phone and I can see it in Windows explorer.

Uninstalled 4.3 and installed 4.2 (SP2) after reading a few posts on here. Plugged the 8110 back into the PC and the 'Add new hardware' wizard came up and wouldn't recognise (or at least find drivers for) the 8110 which was weird as after the 4.3 install it found the drivers just fine.

Uninstalled 4.2 and re-installed 4.3 only to get the same error (re internet) but it did find the drivers for it.

Anybody got any ideas...?

I'm running Outlook 2007 on Win XP Pro (SP2) and had no problems with my 8100 on the same setup.

I did install GoogleMaps, bbTracker and SuDoku all OTA before I first connected the 8110 to the PC. Could this have caused any of the probs I'm having?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Thinqer.
Offline   Reply With Quote