View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
emailGuy

Model: 7290
Default Cannot get network connection to BES server

I'm very new to the JDE and Device Simulator so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have the 4.1 JDE and Simulator installed. I want to connect the simulator to a real 4.x BES server. I have added a user to the server and assigned an activation password. I followed the instructions from the Help file and the BlackBerry Knowledge database about making a USB connection to the Desktop Manager software to generate encryption keys. After that I tried to activate the device, but it never connects to the server.

I noticed that the simulator says it's connected to the GPRS Test Network. I also noticed that the gprs letters next to the antenna strength are in lower case, not in upper case. This tells me the device is not "registered" on a carrier network. How do you configure the simulator to simulate an actual carrier network so that it can connect to a real BES server through the RIM data center like a real BlackBerry.

I'm also wondering if I need to change the PIN for the simulator. It seems to have a default value. I think it would be a real problem if more than one person is using the simulator with the same PIN number. Does anyone know how to change the PIN? How do I make sure the PIN I create is not already in use by a real BlackBerry?
Offline   Reply With Quote