cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: ask me
Carrier: Sprint
Default I dissagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtolles View Post
I agree, Trackballs can get lint in them. Push down on it and move in the direction it is not working. Should fix it. But always try to keep your balls clean!
>The trackballs do get lint in them, but I have never been able to remove the lint/dirt from the trackball doing the press and roll, I advise against this cause that type of pressure would likely damage the trackball. You'd probably be better off taking the trackball out and wiping the dirt/lint from the tiny prongs. The problem is that the prongs are magnetic and if the prongs are dirty the magnets cannot roll across the palets and trigger the manuver to scroll. I've cleaned mine manually many times and it fairly simply: just remember the magnets go back in to the right and lay in that direction clockwise all the way around the trackballs holding piece. Don't forget to mind the thin metal wrap that holds the shell to the trackball in place: it has two openings I believe are on the left and right of the shell and fit down around two very small notches on the shell to hold it in place -this should help you to assemble the parts in its correct order (don't quote me you'll need to pay attention to how you dissassemble your trackball). Placing the cleaned trackball back in its fitting you will need to have the longer ends of the shell to the left and right NOT THE TOP AND BOTTOM! Or just buy a new one xD lmao