Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Well I'm glad you're happy but if seriously you think it's great you need to try another phone, then you'll really know what great is - Even Cord cannot be fast enough if you have to send files one-at-a-time. To send 500 files would literally take days not minutes - I regularly send 10-20 files between mobiles and for that the BB (all BB's) are non-starters

I know what great is and it is not BB via BT. I stated I have done the transfer and how long it takes. My mention of great was not in regard to the speed, it was in regard to it connects with no problems on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. You cannot beat the speed of a direct connect with any device.

And yes, I know there are faster phones and devices out there. That is why in three months I will most likely jump to another platform of phones. However, I will still be held back by BT.

You seem to be talking about blue-toothing per-se like it's a problem that's beyond control/responsibility of BB

I was answering your statement, "Wont connect unless already paired" in the original message. It sounded to me that you didn't know that you had to 'pair' the bluetooth devices before connecting them to send or receive. You cannot just walk into an area that has a BT device and start sending, unless you have paired with that device. In some cases, it is simple and the passwords all seem to be 0000 or multiple of zeros. However, you have to have control of both devices or have someone connect to the other device if not yours. Isn't that true? That is what I was answering.

On ***any*** other mobile you can very simply send *many* files by bluetooth without pairing devices - where upon other mobiles will pair on-the-fly - security is still just as much intact where only receptive participants need to 'allow' pairing

Blue-tooth pairing is not a problem - the Blackberry is

With Blackberry you can *attempt* to send *one* file by blue-tooth upon which time it will refuse (no paired devices) - unlike any other mobile which would then intuitively start to scan, then BB will just sit there dumb founded - you then need to go to separate pairing menu, pair the devices, and then try and remember where the files are you wanted to end in the first place

Using the BB on the same device(mobiles) I've used for years - My LG will send 20 x 5 meg files = 100 meg in about 10 minutes - my BB sent 1 x 5 meg file = 5 meg and after 20 minutes it only sent 30% so i had to abort = no files sent

Enjoying my BB very much but finding this a huuuuuuuuuuuge let down - it something that would stop me buying one - bigger shame when it's about 20 minute fix - how long would it take to get a BB to go directly to the pairing routine if you're attempting to bluetooth a file and no paired devices are found???

As a programmer I can tell it's one single line of code

Since you are an almighty programmer, and I'm not, why do you need help. It sounds like you know all there is to know about BT and BB so why come here for help?

- 2 minutes
I have to say, it is people like you that make people like me not answer questions and try and help out on the internet. I did not know you were this great programmer and knew it all. I made some comments about my devices and their connection via BT. I was not stating I knew it all like you.
I made comments about my experiences between a Vista laptop and a Windows 7 pro laptop.

So, I will remember you ID, if you have further problems, don't expect any answers from me. I do not need the aggravation of being basically told I don't know what I am saying by someone who is the almighty programmer who still cannot figure out what is wrong. But then turns around and basically answers his own questions with his own answers.

Goodbye, no need to reply to my message, I'm not returning to this thread, and thanks to the ignore function, I could not read your reply anyway. Have a great day....

Last edited by F5fstop; 08-23-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote