Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Chris K
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETG View Post
Yes, I commonly send photos from my BB tour to my laptop. Size is around 1.1 MB and takes a minute or two. Using a cord is faster, if sending a lot of photos, but for one or two, bluetooth works great...
Well I'm glad you're happy but if seriously you think it's great you need to try another phone, then you'll really know what great is - Even Cord cannot be fast enough if you have to send files one-at-a-time. To send 500 files would literally take days not minutes - I regularly send 10-20 files between mobiles and for that the BB (all BB's) are non-starters

Quote:
..As for pairing, to have bluetooth devices connect, you must first pair them together. If there was no pairing procedure, a person could connect......
You seem to be talking about blue-toothing per-se like it's a problem that's beyond control/responsibility of BB

On ***any*** other mobile you can very simply send *many* files by bluetooth without pairing devices - where upon other mobiles will pair on-the-fly - security is still just as much intact where only receptive participants need to 'allow' pairing

Blue-tooth pairing is not a problem - the Blackberry is

With Blackberry you can *attempt* to send *one* file by blue-tooth upon which time it will refuse (no paired devices) - unlike any other mobile which would then intuitively start to scan, then BB will just sit there dumb founded - you then need to go to separate pairing menu, pair the devices, and then try and remember where the files are you wanted to end in the first place

Quote:
..... using BT on a BB depends a lot on the device you are connecting too.
Using the BB on the same device(mobiles) I've used for years - My LG will send 20 x 5 meg files = 100 meg in about 10 minutes - my BB sent 1 x 5 meg file = 5 meg and after 20 minutes it only sent 30% so i had to abort = no files sent

Enjoying my BB very much but finding this a huuuuuuuuuuuge let down - it something that would stop me buying one - bigger shame when it's about 20 minute fix - how long would it take to get a BB to go directly to the pairing routine if you're attempting to bluetooth a file and no paired devices are found???

As a programmer I can tell it's one single line of code

Quote:
If no paired devices then pair routine
- 2 minutes