Old 06-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Sound Profile Issues on Bold 9650...and Battery Life

Please Login to Remove!

Just picked up a Bold 9650 over the weekend. Loving it so far, but I've been noticing an issue with the sound profiles. For instance, if I've got the "Normal" sound profile active, I am notified via my selected notification sound when I receive a BBM, SMS, MMS, etc. Then, I may go 2-3 more BBMs, SMS's, or MMS's without being notified by sound. My LED light will light up (like it's supposed to according to my desired settings), but there's no sound. Then I may get 5 in a row that do make a sound. I can't narrow it down past that...so far, it seems random.

I haven't noticed this issue if I have the "Vibrate" profile active...so far, it's just in "Normal" mode. In an attempt to resolve this, I have double and triple-checked all my settings, and even updated to the latest VZW OS last night. Battery pulls, the works. Still having the same issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? If this is a common .732 issue, I guess I'll just have to wait until the next OS update?

My other complaint was battery life, but it looks like I'm not the only one with that one. Has anyone had any luck through Verizon on getting a free replacement battery to try, or possibly an upgraded one? My 2-year-old Curve 8330 lasted just as long as my brand new Bold.

Last edited by jrice8002003; 06-22-2010 at 09:09 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote