View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 AM   #53
BeefyBeefo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by contraria2 View Post
I bought the droid last night. I gotta tell you, it's an amazing piece of technology, does really cool stuff, and a whole bunch of accolades; BUT, having had (and been insanely addicted to) a BB for 5 years, I must say, when it comes to emailing and making a simple phone call, the bb is much easier.

Here are some of my gripes (take into consideration I have the droid for barely 24 hours)
I think this is key. It takes time to get used to something new. I've used Blackberrys for longer than you have, but this Droid is simply incredible.

Quote:
Cannot text to multiple contacts
Use Handcent. It does this quite nicely. You just check off the names of all desired recipients.

Quote:
It's "too much" of a toy. (You find yourself spending 1/2 the time on apps and widgets.)
I suspect this will diminish slightly with time. It's something new and has many more apps to play with than the Blackberrys do.

Quote:
Sifting thru contacts to make a pc or send a text is (alarmingly) time consuming
I find this to be quite easy, and easily as fast as my Blackberrys were. I suspect you will find it easier as you get more used to the phone.

Quote:
AND - there is no way you can do "stuff" while driving or busy with something else.
This comment actually pisses me off a little. Either use voice dialing or put the damn phone down, no matter what phone it is. I've almost been rear-ended multiple times (especially on my motorcycle) by people staring at their phones rather than paying attention to the road.

Quote:
I still like it, I'm going to TRY to solve some of these issues, otherwise, I will just go back to my 8330 and wait for the Tour2 to upgrade
I'm curious to see how this turns out for you. Keep us updated.
Offline   Reply With Quote