View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #43
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

Cool I is the shortcut so i can remove the icon now. I agree having it in a native environment is convenient cuz the "command failed" prompt on google was annoying. The thing is only 30 buddies...i have over a hundred not that it matters cuz i really only speak to about 40 of em. Lastly the viewing away message feature is helpful when my buddies and I wanna know where everyone is at to meet up. Overall its clean and like i said very fast. Time will tell which one i end up using though.

On a sidenote im using 8800 unlocked on tmo. i navigated the BB to this link

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ry.do?code=aim

downloaded the software then went to aim and entered my username and password and it signed on no problems. im running 4.2.1.73

Once signed on to AIM theres a help section im navigating the the trouble shoot section and havent come across a the error message soem of u recieved.

It does say buddy groups are supported the way you have it on your aim buddy list so maybe it will be fixed to allow more then 30 buddies.

Lastly remember when rumors first surfaced of AIM, ICQ and MSN clients there was talk that some carriers wouldnt allow it. So dont be surprised if thats whats wrong with the folks tryin to run it on Cingular