View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #14
Bezroj

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Here's what I did to get the dataplan removed on one of my other lines. Call AT&T and ask to be transferred to the resolutions department -- as they are the only ones with the access codes to make this change to your account -- tell the CSR that you want to grandfather in a blackberry which you purchased from an AT&T corp store PRIOR to this new policy requiring all BB's to have an attached data plan.

They SHOULD remove it for you, if they do not hang up and call again. If the second CSR doesn't want to do it either request to be transferred to the SAVE department and tell them that you are interested in closing your account. They won't let you go.

Source: I did just this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bos_prashant View Post
I have a couple Blackberry's that I have accumulated through my past jobs, and now that I'm out of work, I'd like to continue to use them as phones without the data plan to save a little money. I've called AT&T and they told me that there was no way to do this as AT&T has instituted a company-wide policy beginning September 2009 that all PDA smartphones must have a data plan in order to be used on the AT&T network.

I wanted to get the public's feedback to see if anyone has a way around this.

If not, I'll have to go and buy a new dumbphone...

Thanks,
Prashant
Offline   Reply With Quote