View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #39
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been play around with this one from My Mobile Gear and I do some good and bad features in the driver. first off the bad - I don't see any programmable features like key assignments. but it does have preprogrammed function keys that launch email, notes, contacts, and task applications. I'll have to ask My Mobile Gear about programming keys for other apps. I'm sure they can add it to their driver.

Now for the good - I like that way they simulated or emulated not sure what the term is but the way they implemented the trackwheel. Up/Down Arrow scrolls up/down text lines and Left/Right Arrow moves cursor left or right. There is a key next to the left arrow that simulates the trackwheel push for select so this is perfect for navigating around the icons and while in a document or application. keyboard input seems fine. I'm not a fast typer but if I increase the key delay I can better play the brickbreaker game because the cursor seems to move faster or slower depending on what the key delay rate is. "pretty cool".

I'll keep you posted on my use of this keyboard. but so far I can see that my life will be much easier responding to emails.