View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Tyen01

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Blackberry 9000 + 4.5. Solid info

Please Login to Remove!

First the 4.5 info, if you don't already know.

Quote:
3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) Progressive download
Allows streaming and playback of media from web sites on the BlackBerry smartphone using the browser.
3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) Progressive download
Allows streaming and playback of media from web sites on Wi-FiŽ enabled BlackBerry smartphones.
Music playlist support in the Media application
Create and edit playlists (in .m3u format) directly in the Media application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Video recording
BlackBerry smartphone users can record video using the Camera by selecting the Video Camera icon. The following options may be selected to control settings:

* Video light - brightens dark environments to improve video recording
* White balance - control white balance of the camera; options include Automatic, Indoor, and Sunny
* Video format - use normal mode (240X180) or lower quality MMS mode (176X144)
* Store videos - decide where to save video files
* 4.5 (re-branded from 4.3.1) is in Carrier Evaluation now. Should be delivered near end of March.
*4.5 offers documents to go, which is a word/excel (ithink) attachment editor so you can modify attachments directly on your device.
There are some new Enterprise Voice options if you are on a BES. (SIP/Ascendant)
Blackberry 9000
Quote:
* No on the touchscreen for the 9000.
* The 9000 is about the same size of the 88xx, but is actually heavier.
* It will include WiFi, GPS and be a true 3G HSDPA phone.
* Just a note the 9000 is at least 6-8 months away. The current battery life on standby is only 7 hours. Not acceptable to BB standards.
* I'm personally running an 8310 as the 9000 battery life wouldn't even get me through a morning with all the usage I do.
* Don't expect any revolutionary visual (lcd)/touch screen stuff for the 9k.
It is not a device being developed for that reason, but more around new radio technology.
My Question
Would it be a valid conclusion that the 9000 is not a touchscreen but there will in fact be a RIM touchscreen making it's appearance this year under a different name/model number?

(2)Is there more than one new Blackberry model making it's appearance in the middle of 2008 then?

His/Her Answer
You may assume sir, but not confirmed by anyone. /wink

(2)I know of 4 at least.
For all of 2008.

Browser - WRU FLASH SUPPORT!?!?
Quote:
Our browser emulates an ie6 experience, so take from that what you will.

Hats off to Apple for their interface. It's the best I've ever seen.

We currently have nothing to compete with it. Nothing coming soon either.
At least that I know about.

Last edited by Tyen01; 02-20-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote