Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsushi61 View Post
Hi Guys,
I think I have the weirdest problem of all,
I have different sim cards for whenever I travel between Canada, Europe, Middle east and China. My problem is that in the middle east some countries don't have a blackberry service, so my only way to get my emails and use my BBM was to connect via WIFI, all was working well till yesterday, when i went from a country with a blackeberry service to one with no blackberry service. In the morning the WIFI connection was working then all stoped in all WIFI areas, Home, Work and caffees.
this is what I'm getting, My BB 9700 is connected on the networks but still have the (-) on my WIFI status. and can't connect to the internet or send any BBMs and emails.

I tried a battery reboot, a soft reboot, a double soft reboot. I also changed the net work to HOTSPOT but nothing seems to work. I even switvhed SIM cards from my various ones that have a BB plan but nothing worked.
Any suggestions??
Thank you.
It may just be a glitch that has developed with your OS. Occasionally it needs to be reloaded or a newer version installed

I recommend the beta 9700 OS 6 versions for style and an amazing browser. But in any country you are in, if they still don't have the Torch, 9780, or 9670 its possible that your browser won't work and you'll need to use opera mini.

As far as wifi, I have 9700/6.0.0.418 now and will be testing its wifi connection at a hotspot. The older versions connected to hotspots just fine, but wouldn't actually access anything... Until I stumbled on the solution (which you should try first, before anything - the menu options are similar, I believe)

After connecting to a hotspot..
The workaround is to do a wifi setup, troubleshoot, menu, send ping, self ping or IP Ping (google for eg.) If you get pings back, exit and check to see if you're getting data..

Its a bit of a learning curve with BB6 and if you don't have the time, just download the latest 5 and install to PC.
Then for any OS - Delete the vendor.xml in program files, common files, research in motion, apploader - folder. Then run Loader.exe from the same folder. The newer OS install should do the trick.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote