View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #14
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

Wayne, I have a Q and a Blackberry.

The only reason that I am keeping the Q instead of the Blackberry is because (as junior stated earlier) of the multi-media capabilities. I have a new son and it is VERY convenient to end quick pics, videos, etc. with the Q.

If you want to shop around and look at the Q I would HIGHLY suggest going to qusers.com and check out the forums, especially the 'rants and raves'. That site is filled with real users of the Q.

The Q came out and has underwhelmed many users who expected more. The general consensus is that it is an extremely well designed package with extremely poor software. It is also a smartphone, and not a pocket pc...sort of a PDA-lite. This is an point that many of it's supporters keep bringing up. It seems to me that in order to be a happy Q user, you must have a realistic idea about what you are buying, and accept the sacrifices that Motorola/Microsoft/Verizon made in order to deliver a device to market that is 0.45 inches thin.

I am a Q user, coming from Blackberry, but I come back here to monitor for the day that Blackberry brings a multimedia device to market.

As far as the Treo goes, I know nothing about the 700w.

-Simpson

ps- if you have any specific questions on the Q, please feel free to send a pm or email me.