lilymel

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineguy View Post
Hello
I want to share my experience with this forum so that it would be helpful and save a lot of pain.

1. I normally connect my blackberry bold 9000 to the wall adapter once in 3 days, full night for a charge.
2. One of these days, i forgot to do so in 3 days, and one morning , I find out that the b9000 is totally dead. Was running late to office so could not find time to connect to the wall adapter
3. During whole day in the office, connected the USB cable to my laptop and the bold hoping that it would charge, but inspite of a full day connection, nothing happened.
4. During night, I connected the wall adapter hoping that it would pump in a lot of juice, but then, the Red LED used to light up and then the lightening bolt on a battery symbol on white screen would appear. This would repeat. I left it connected whole night, but no luck
5. I tried repeating step 5, after keeping the battery out of the device for few hours, hoping that it may help with some clean up residual charges. No luck
6. I was worried. I had not taken backup for year and I was on verge of loosing a lot of data.
7. Searced internet and a lot of forums suggested that my OS is corrupted. I have to rewrite the OS and would loose all the data.
8. I began to download the latest OS ver 5 and latest copies of BB desktop. these are huge downloads and while it was downloading, I did some more search and hit this forum which saved my data
9. I followed these steps given by one of the forum users and it helped
--------------------------------
Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

1. While the BB was connected to the power wall, I removed the battery

2. I waited 30 seconds, you should see a red light during that time

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.
(genuine guy). My experience here was a bit different. during the first attempt nothing happened. The BB did not boot on its own. I had lost hope but I thought I would try again.... the BB did not come on its own during the second attempt, I kind of waited for about 20 seconds and then pressed the power button and bingo... the white screen with a rotating hand small watch appeared and I was relaxed.... the BB booted and I did not loose any data

I'm going to wait a little bit and see if it charges completely.

I hope it helps.

M.
----------------------------------------------

The moral or summary is that

If you have a white screen with a lightening on a battery, as per my experience, your OS is NOT corrupt and you do not have flash it again.... just a trick of battery and adapter connection sequences saves your life
I tried this and still wont work?
My phone was lowbattery and i took out the battery and put it back in to turn it on n it wouldnt turn on its been charging on the wall adapter for days now and still wont turn on all tht shows is a red light and a white screen with blue bolt on a battery im scared i just got my phone n i really want it to work
HELP!!
Offline   Reply With Quote