View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 AM   #276
IDEA RicH

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhnky
Hey guys, my father just purchased a 7100t, which as you probably know was made for t-mobile... Well we are on the Cellular One / Dobson Cellular network (semi-big provider in KY, TN,...) He bought it because the local store said it would work, but now that he has it, and we called tech support they say that the bb will only operate as a phone on their network, and the data service can not be connected. I almost believe them because so many of the settings for data are not accessible (i.e. when I try to put the settings from my phone into his, many of the settings don't have the capability of being added, or changed) So I'm curious about three things... First if I update the bb's os is there any chance of it locking again (switching back to t-mobile only bb), second if i upgrade the bb would that open those settings up for being edited, and finaly where should i download an updated os for it... could I download the update from cellular ones site (made for the 7100g) and maybe that would fix everything?

Thank you for your help
Sam
For detail also see BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ on this forum
Offline   Reply With Quote