View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #174
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanwei View Post
Weird... On all of the native applications I can think of... ie: picture viewer, message inboxes... when you swipe left to right... the previous picture or email/text messages enter from left to right. And likewise, when you swipe right to left, the next picture or email/text message enters from right to left.

So I don't know why that BB Dev Advisor says that you can't control which way the screen slides. All of the native Storm apps seem to be able to.
Because native RIM apps have access to all kinds of stuff that 3rd party software does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmer View Post
A comment about the swiping when you have more than one location. Up/Down changes locations, but I found that I was accidentally changing my location when in the Daily Forecast and Hourly Forecast screens just from wanting to scroll through the listings. I found that when I did it faster it happened all the time and if I was careful and slow it wouldn't happen.

I am not often careful and slow when swiping. I wonder what people would think about only being able to change location on the main Conditions screen? Or is this too limiting and I should just control myself? Is there another solution to this?
I wondered if this might be a problem but I don't have a Storm to play with so didn't know if it was a likely scenario.

Two things I can think of for this:

1) Add an option so each user enable/disable the vertical swipe action
2) There is a getSwipeMagnitude() API call which gets the distance in pixels traveled of the actual Swipe. Maybe, by setting that to a high number, only large Swipes would get registered to change the location?
Offline   Reply With Quote