View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
utternutter

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Battery behaving erratically - battery, OS or phone?

Please Login to Remove!

Got a new Torch 9810, but the battery was being a real pain, roughly every alternate day. Is it the battery, phone or firmware?

I used it intermittently before real use on the following days.

Day 1, no apps, fresh and new - battery was charged to full but drained by 30% overnight.

Day 2 - battery charged to full and there was a normal decrease.

Day 3, some apps, which I forgot to close, but phone was automatically switched off overnight - battery was charged to full but drained by 10% in the hour after it should have been switched off and drained by 70% in the 2 hours that it automatically switched itself on. It wasn't being used.

Day 4 - like Day 2.

Day 5 - battery charged to full and did not decrease despite being used. It was 100.

Day 6 - battery was full, didn't decrease despite being used. Didn't charge it as it was full, 100.

Day 7 - battery was full. It switched itself off. Had to plug in the charger and the battery was completely drained. It went from 100 - 0, according to the battery log.

Days 8 - 13 - like Day 2.

The battery appears to have calmed down and is behaving normally. I don't know if I will have trouble with it again but wanted to know if it could be the battery, OS or phone? I might get a new phone if it is a faulty unit. The OS is v7.0.0.353. Some friends have sugggested that it's because I didn't do full charge and drain cycles initially, but it's a lithuim ion battery and doesn't require that, does it?

Thanks!

Last edited by utternutter; 11-19-2011 at 09:46 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote