View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
quackyducks

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default New Blackberry 9780 - Is Battery Life Normal?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have just replaced my old 8800 with a nice new 9780, but the battery life seems very poor and I am wondering if there is a problem or if this is normal. When I first started using it, the battery seemed to deplete very quickly and didn't even last 24 hours. I downloaded BatteryWatch so that I could monitor the situation.

I then searched throughout this forum for ideas on how to save battery life. I have turned off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G (operating on only 2G), screen brightness is set to 30%, I don't surf the internet, I make only a handful of short phone calls in a day, and have set the auto turn off/on function so that it goes off at 11pm and back on at 6am.

But BatteryWatch shows that performance has not increased at all, and the battery still drains as quickly as it did with all the above turned on!

Is this normal? And if it isn't then what am I doing wrong, or what is wrong with my phone. It was bought brand new directly from Amazon, so it's not a refurb battery. It's very frustrating that my new phone spends more time charging than I actually do using it! Didn't have anywhere near these sort of problems with the 8800 getting at least 3 days out of the battery!

Any advice gratefully received!
Offline   Reply With Quote