View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:36 AM   #12
santaclaus2100

Model: 8707v
Carrier: M1 in Singapore
Default Wrong side SIM

Hi everyone!!

I have a better story. I bought my BB 8707v on the 20 Sep. It was basically quite fine and dandy. Was using it alright, sms, emails, calendars, sync'ing with Outlook and of course phone calls.

Just yesterday, I got the White Screen of Death, JVM error 523 showed up. I have tried some of the remedy found on this site, including a USB wipe.

Nada, zip, totally dead as a door nail. Called in to my telco, M1 helpline.

She told me to take off the battery and check the SIM. Shock!! Horror!! It was the wrong way in.

The contacts were downwards but the notch was facing the wrong way. A highly unusual situation. It was fine till yesterday.

So previously then notch was facing inwards, now the corrected method the notch is outside on the exposed side, and of course contacts facing down.

The problem is this, the picture showing the SIM orientation has a sticker on it. The telco authority IDA (Inforcomm Development Authority) has a compliance sticker smack bang right on the picture.

I have since removed it and re-stuck it on another plastic surface.

Anyway, even after the various steps that they have instructed me to do, it will not work. And using most of the tricks found on this site. I could not get it running again.

A 1-1 replacement was offered. Of course, I grabbed it. I am still trying to restore the data on it now.

Step by step and slowly.