View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
QueBall

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus mobility
Default How do I find carrier assigned network IP address?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to figure out how to find the Internal IP address that my carrier assigns to the device.

When I use a tool like What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Info, Speed Test, and more it shows the IP address of the BIS proxy server or the Opera proxy server depending on if I use Opera or the Blackberry browser but what I'm looking for is the Internal IP address that Telus is assigning to the device inside of their firewall.

Thought I saw it once. I tried ALT+EACE but this doesn't show the IP address but what I remember looked similar to that screen. Something similar to that routine brought it up.

The IP address that Telus assigns to device are non routable IP's in the format of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. When you are using an applicaiton that makes a direct TCPIP socket connection instead of passing through the BIS proxy it goes out through the telus NAT firewall and gets an IP address like 72.25.192.4 (Example of an actual Telus NAT firewall IP)

I checked the FAQ, did a few searches on google and the forum search feature but I could not find it. Surprisingly none of the "blackberry secrets" type threads/sites turned up anything.
Offline   Reply With Quote