View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #41
sjalsevac

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

I will move to the Iphone very soon unless RIM comes up with a new business class unit that rivals the IPhone and Android browsing speeds.

My Bold 9000 is painfully slow at browsing. I compared it with a Torch and was astonished to find that it was no faster. (I did the test myself browsing multiple sites on both phones). What boggles my mind is that RIM put such a weak processor in the Torch. What are they thinking?

I need fast browsing because I have to do much more Internet related work and tethering now using my phone. The Torch is hopeless compared to the IPhone that I have now bought for three of my staff who previously had Blackberrys. They love those things.

I have been hanging on longer but the wait is now getting ridiculous. I cannot see why RIM is still so far behind in some critical areas. An up-to-date, more powerful processor would seem to be the first simple solution to the browsing problem. There are of course other issues related to the arcane OS in both the old and new Blackberries, but I can live with OS 6 for a while under the assumption that RIM will still add many improvements to it. For now, with the 9000 I am stuck with an older dinosaur 5.0 OS.

Last edited by sjalsevac; 11-17-2010 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Typo
Offline   Reply With Quote