View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
BlackBlueberryBrew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Thank RIM for what? I don't understand your statement; just because you use linux, it is not some god-given right your BB must be linux friendly. Open your eyes - this is big business, RIM is a publically traded company who does business with large players in the space (MS, Oracle, etc.). Money is as money does.
True. I don't have a G-d given right to have my BB Linux friendly, but don't you think that it would be nice just to be able to sync to your Linux box just like a Windows machine? I mean, how hard would it be to write a piece of code to do that? I guess there is just not enough noise being made for them to do that. Yes, it sucks.

Quote:
Halfway decent? I consider it fully decent (and I don't mind Sweden -- their privacy laws are better than the USA, but I'm sure you already know that because you did extensive research before posting the above statement). SyncML is a *standard*, you are now complaining about *gasp* having to use an *open standard* for something.... on linux? What a tool. I guess you hate Samba. And Apache - you know, those other "halfway decent" networked apps using open standards. Oh the horror!
You don't mind Sweden? They are as corrupt as the Day is long, Just like ALL OTHER governments on this blue ball we call earth!!! But hey, send away.... Heck, pack up and move there... By the way, I was not complaining about the SyncML standard. My point was the SERVER IN SWEDEN, NOT THE *STANDARD*.... or ANY SERVER for that matter!!!! HELLOOOOOOOOO???? How about actually reading my post before you fire off bonehead responses. When I said halfway decent, I was actually referring to other opensource apps/scripts/workarounds that I've seen for syncing data DIRECTLY TO "X" VIA USB. But I'll let you off the hook for that one because things have a tendency to get lost when posting/emailing etc...

Quote:
Man do you sound like a 13yo kid. Get off your a** and join the Barry project, write some code and get the barry-opensync plugin working. This is how linux works, but then again you already know all this.

Please quit tooling up a sticky thread with your inane drivel - you're increasing the noise-to-signal ratio.
You don't get off the hook on this one.... hee hee hee

1. Stop cursing. I'm sure your vocabulary is a little more extensive than that, but then again, I could be wrong.

2. I don't write code. I AM A USER, NOT A DEVELOPER!!! THANK G-D FOR OSS DEVELOPERS, CODE WRITERS, ETC..!!! I LOVE THEM, BUT I'M NOT ONE OF THEM!!! I USE THEIR WORK AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO HELP THEM MAKE IT BETTER!!!

3. Take a shower and cool off, and don't forget to wash your mouth out with some soap.
Offline   Reply With Quote