Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #44
CrazEtooN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhne
PIN: point
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Gotta love the super-arrogant ones who make such in-your-face blatant proclamations with absolutely nothing following to back it up whatsoever. (NOT)
Just like you gotta love the super-arrogant BlackBerry fans that automatically talk about it like it is the best device ever, and then they go off and poke fun at iPhone users for doing the same thing... Hypocrisy much?

I challenge anyone to take 45 minutes out of their life and watch the iPhone SDK keynote presentation from back in March, and then come back with a straight face and say the iPhone won't present itself as another option to business users come June. Unlike the vast majority of you, I have always given the iPhone credit where it was due, but I USED to also be a member of the "iPhone will never make it in business camp." I then took the time to watch that presentation, and boy has my stance changed.

I still refuse to think that it will ever completely supplant BB, but I strongly believe it will become a super strong alternative for any company/business that doesn't need extreme security. I also think it will help to further drive WinMo's market share down, as well as contribute to the complete obliteration of Palm.

It's one thing to have legitimate complaints, like the keyboard for example. It is another thing entirely to rant and rave about things you have no idea about. The biggest of which is when people bash the iPhone for not having 3rd party apps. Guess what, they are coming in less than a couple of weeks, and from what I have seen so far, they will be some of the best mobile apps ever created.

There is plenty of room in the consumer world, as well as the business world, for both devices. Why the stupidly diehard fans on both side of the fence can't understand that is beyond me.

I will not doubt that the iPhone is severely lacking in certain departments right now, but that is going to change very soon. That said, instead of concentrating on what it can't do today, why not actually think about what it will do in a few weeks. Like Argon said earlier, RIM's first device was a two way pager, and it took them a LONG time to actually develop things that people weren't embarrassed to hold to their ear. The iPhone is Apple's FIRST entry into the world of cellular devices, and the fact that it is missing a few things is pretty understandable. Especially considering how strong it is despite what it is missing, and how quickly Apple is acting to make it better. Apple has improved it immensely in under a year, and it will get even better with firmware 2.0. With all do respect, it took RIM, what, 7-8 years to understand and actually start to develop devices that weren't centered around ONE type of user?

I love technology and try my best to keep an open mind about it. It wouldn't hurt some of you to do the same, rather than pledging undying allegiance to one device type, and one device type only. The same goes to iPhone fanboys and fanatics as well.
Offline   Reply With Quote