kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9860
Carrier: AT&T
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
This.

While I am the administrator, I cannot go above corporate policy, and I cannot just on a whim put a policy in that would affect users without approval. When I first got put into the BB admin role, we did not enforce passwords on our BB's. It took 7 months, but between myself and my IT manager we were able to convince the management team that we need a policy in place to protect the data on the the blackberries. We even had to make some compromises, there is no lock after constant use, but it does lock after 10 minutes of non use.
We have a password policy that matches our IS Security Policy. But set to wipe after 7 incorrect attempts. this works good for me, but you will allways have those NEW users, that will question the password policy when they first receive their devices, and try to make a stink. when you send them to corporate security to justify their wanted change they mostly have second thoughts. better to work the policy out when planning the environment, before deploying your first device.

Last edited by kerry6; 05-01-2008 at 05:09 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote