View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
Drfreeman82
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

OP, it seems like you may have answered your question already. If you want a more realistic browser, iphone is the winner there.

I originally started with a Palm smartphone and made the transition to the blackberry. What I can tell you is that I love my blackberry bold because it is more practical. We may all become dazzled by the iphone and it does have an appeal that draws the consumer in. I chose the blackberry because it can multitask. I have a program for managing my accounts (Ascendo Money), password manager (Ascendo Datavault), task manager (todomatrix) and you just can't top the push email. I am a medical student and I get emails instantly on my bold. I can respond to emails, open documents, edit word documents, open excel spreadsheets, install a 16gb memory card for music, plug my blackberry into my head unit of my car (listen to mp3s) etc etc. I dont really browse the web that often, so for me that is one of the deal breakers.

The iPhone can do many of the aforementioned things and there is a ton of applications for it. One crucial question you must ask yourself is will you plan on typing a lot on the device? If you type a lot, do not get an iphone. This was another deal breaker for me. Honestly, If I had the money, I would probably buy both devices because they would serve different functions. I would use the iphone for flashiness, skype and video games. Then again, the blackberry hase google voice but that is another story.

In my opinion, the bootom line is that the blackberry is more business like and for those who are savvy in technology. The iphone is more of a novelty device which is cool and simplistic. Each have there own purpose.......

Last edited by Drfreeman82; 07-30-2009 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: forgot period
Offline   Reply With Quote