Old 01-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #18
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
Facebook is just another application that you can choose to use or not. Like BB Maps. Or the IM clients. I'm sure a number of people will probably find the Facebook application very useful while others will not. Just like BB Maps. Or the IM clients.

I doubt if the icon takes up much space in memory and the main application is not installed by default (like BB Maps or the IM clients) so for the folks who decide not to use it all they need do is hide the icon if it bothers them enough unlike some of the other applications which would need to be uninstalled. Like they would need to do with BB Maps or the IM clients.

Dave
I understand Dave. But the way I look at my Curve is purely selfish: I paid for it ~ and it's my entity. If I choose to add icons (whether they take space or not isn't an issue) I will. RIM shouldn't make that decision for me; they can certainly advise me to do that.
Sure, many PCs and Macs are preloaded with junk, but -- for the most part -- they can be deleted; the Facebook icon on my Curve can't be deleted permanently. It isn't fair in its principality. My 2 cents anyhow

Last edited by zGuy; 01-16-2008 at 10:00 AM..