View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Right now, in my opinion, for enterprise/business use the Blackberry is the best phone. It has excellent security and features which allow it to easily be integrated in a business setting. From a marketing standpoint, I think it started as a business oriented device. The iPhone on the other hand started as a consumer/hobbyist device and is now trying to capture the business market. The touch screen on the iPhone is easy to manipulate, and browsing works well, though primarily for reading pages and not entering data on a web page. That still doesn't work all that great; it is still awkward. One of the other big issues is coverage. I'd be sure you are in an area\areas with good ATT coverage. We use VZW as our main cell provider and they have excellent coverage. The iTunes App Store is nice, but again, many of the apps don't work on wi-fi in a proxied business environment. I also HATE not being able to remove the battery from the iPhone like I do the Blackberry if weird stuff starts happening. My own opinion is that given the combination of coverage ( we use VZW), security and stability, and reliable PIM sync the Blackberry is the better device. The iPhone OS 4.0.x has some sync issues right now on 3g and 3gs devices which have been upgraded. Almost like WM devices :( No question, though, the iPhone right now is one getting more buzz.
Offline   Reply With Quote