Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
impalement

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default USB problem

Please Login to Remove!

Dear all,

Sincere apologies if this issue has been addressed before, I simply could not find the solution. I recently bought an unlocked used Curve 8310 and it came with a non-usb wall charger, which charges the phone fine.

I bought a couple of data cables to connect it to the computer. The computer neither charges the device nor recognizes it. I then installed an sd card and rebooted, and tried again. Nothing. Then I checked the mass storage mode was on, and tried again, still nothing. I installed the desktop software, still nothing. I installed the latest blackberry os on the computer. Still nothing. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the port and about to take it to an electronics repair place. Before I do, anyone have any ideas on what else I might be missing? The guy that sold it to me says he connected the phone to the pc to unlock it, so there must be something wrong with my computer, but I'm fairly certain everything is fine (BTW, I also tried multiple usb cables and different ports, but no luck).

Any ideas before I spend extra money at the repair shop will be most appreciated. Thanks very much,

John
Offline   Reply With Quote