winger13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger13 View Post

======== UPDATE====
I am on the phone with Sprint Blackberry Support now. They saw my previous devices' PIN was still attached to the BB Data Server (not the Email Server)...so this was corrected. I was asked to take the battery out and re-provisioned the phone. Still have the same issue...They got a test device (also a 9650 Bold) and got an error opening a youtube video... I am on hold...

<will report back later>
So after a marathon of approx 4 hours on the phone with the following groups:

Sprint BB tech (two levels)
BB Support (level 1) - various debugging steps including manually deleted all service books, repushed all to device, installing (on PC) BB device software (Sprint specific) then uploading to device (supposed to bring device back to factory default software configuration).
BB Support (level 2) - reviewed my BB server settings, reviewed most of case notes...suggested a replacement
Sprint Acct Service (transferred here by mistake)
Sprint Advanced Tech (he tried to re-start entire debug process from scratch, screw him, hell no) - he was supposed to just take my notes and get me to Advanced Replacements/Ordering...It looks like they are closed. He will call me back tonight.

==============
Using Player for Youtube:

OK, so I keep playing my favorite video (RayWilliamJohnson)...this morning....it keeps crashing at about 57 seconds.

So, I tried this: once video stream starts, anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds (I tried several different times), I hit pause (I varied pause from just 1 sec to about 10 secs), then play again.

Each time I did this manual pause-then-play, the video plays to completion.

Does this look like a software/hardware BB device glitch or what???

Can anyone try this 'fix' to see if it solves your streaming issue as well ?
Offline   Reply With Quote