dsarfati
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 207b3744
Carrier: Rogers
Cool I Found it!!! Offline Map & GPS Program for Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I'm going overseas later this month, and after contacting my provider they want an arm and a leg for any service out there ($2.00/min for phone, 5 cents per KB). So I said "SCREW THAT!" and decided I would spend my time finding an offline mapping program, so here it is! The maps are a pain in the but to get, but there is a nice little map generator that pulls from google maps. I've tested it SUCESSFULLY on my rogers BB8800 and even disabled all wireless services going to the device and the software still worked fine.

TrekBuddy - J2ME application for GPS tracking

Software name is TrekBuddy, it's really cool and i've already downloaded some "downtownish" maps of the places I will be visiting to. I have my maps stored on my SD Card, and it just works out sweet...

I hope this helps people! Also, if you have some pretty good maps (I am really unfamaliar how the program's mapping system works, but I think you can have maps and atlases) just post them in this thread also, that way everyone with offline BBs who want maps can find it all here!
Offline   Reply With Quote