View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #23
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffho830 View Post
Can someone help me setup the Rove File Manager to browse network computers? I'm on the Wifi network and can get OperaMini to browse the internet on my local wifi network, but I can't connect to the share folder on my work computer. My 8320 is getting an IP address on the local network and is responding form the ping. I also setup a share folder on my work computer and is being seen on the network, but I cannot use TCP/IP to connect to it. It is stuck at fetching the folder screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
Hi Jeff, I believe you have also posted this same question on another website, I will post the same reply here.

Did you set the Connection method to "Wi-Fi" ? What did you set as the URL of the Windows File Share? I use an 8320 as well and use Wifi to access my file shares with no problems.

I entered "smb://myservername/myrootfolder", as well as my windows username and password to connect to the file share.

I recommend that you contact our support team directly and they can help diagnose exactly what your problem is and find a solution much quicker:
Rove - Support
Offline   Reply With Quote