Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
TTune
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 231be712
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimahitna View Post
In thread-Latest Known Beta OS,post #231,koolaidWTF said that latest beta OS for Bold is 5.0.0.120.
My question is-where is download link and why download link is not presented ?
If answer is-this is beta,mi question is-why we talk about beta if nobody can test it ?
Symple !
Ahh... Not QUITE so simple. The only ones "allowed" to beta test are under NDA - Carriers, hardware manufacturers, developers - those sorts of people.

WE are just "very interested" - We do it because we need to know for our own personal interest. RIM never invites enthusiasts to test even though we may own several devices and would make great testers...

This forum is to make us aware of the progress of the builds out there but it is against the rules (and NDA's etc) to allow direct links to beta builds (which are, by nature, not supposed to be there in the first place).

If someone says "I saw revision yyy.xx the other day" it is just to say that there is progress and to keep your eyes open on the many blogs and forums (and even Twitter). I have friends in the Carrier world who are testing BlackBerry and iPhones and they are much higher revisions than my toys, but they are not allowed to share. Someone finds out and then they are unemployed.
Offline   Reply With Quote