Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
jtreeves
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default 4.5.0.101 for 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by docew View Post
4.5.0.101 for the 8830 is in the wild. Downloading now, will update more when I get it.
I found a reference to it earlier today. Downloaded it this evening and am installing it now. More later!

OK! I was able to install it by uninstalling the older beta from my PC and running AppLoader within Desktop Manager. It installed onto the phone over the previous installation (not really the cleanest way to do this, esp to regain memory) and kept my ringtones. I called my number and my assigned ringtone rang.

JR

Update as of 12/16/2008:

I've discovered, and confirmed others' reports, that the video play capability is broken. The files will start to play then stop with an error message.

I am also having a heck of a time with memory bleed. For a while, I have sufficient memory for all functions to operate smoothly - then, blam, the phone freezes and I have to watch the spinning hourglass before I can do anything else, including dialing a call or receiving a call.

I see a new beta version is available and will find it and see if it fixes these problems.

JR

Last edited by jtreeves; 12-16-2008 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: New info on operation of version.