Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
MitchellBBPearl8230
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8230
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Missed call notification ... ??

Please Login to Remove!

I've only had this BB Pearl 8230 for about a month now. But today I had a situation happen and it's the 3rd time, and it's something that is pretty serious. I might have missed calls with my Samsung cell phone in the 4 years that I had it prior to this BB, but right afterwards, a missed call notification came through which had a beep so loud, I never missed it no matter what noise interference was around me at any given moment. It wasn't an insistent beep, just a long sequence that was very loud without splitting ear drums and I knew right away who to call back.

I know I have some wiggle room with the volume on the ringtones themselves but is there any way to assign a sound to a missed call/voice mail notification? This is serious. I missed a call from an 1½ hours ago that I just found out about half an hour ago. But when I called back, I couldn't reach them. There may be a serious problem and I won't know until they're near a phone and can try me again! Meanwhile, I'm here worrying and wondering what's going on.

Pls, is there anything we can do? I was testing out a friend's ringtone earlier today but didn't answer the call and then I actually coindentally saw the missed call notification icon come on. But no sound. So if you lose track of time and don't check visually very often, you're outta luck!

My provider was no help when I immediately called to ask them about fixing this serious lack (but they've given me bad or wrong information already so I can't trust their tech support).

Any idea on how to fix this, pls? This is a serious flaw that needs correcting.

Thx. Very much appreciated. I'd be very grateful for any assistance with this.

Last edited by MitchellBBPearl8230; 05-22-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote