View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #57
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RIM4sure
I think i sound more like somebody trying to understand the details rather than just mindlessly believing everything i hear or read in the news. You claimed you were familiar with the details, but it seems you meant that you only know one detail - it exists.
you have me confused with Jace88, but thats ok. I have more knowledge than just the "it exists" detail, but, much like Jace88, I have a limited amount I can say.

Quote:
I think you have misinterpreted the way these patent disputes work. Why would people bring a class action suit?
I'm sure some lawyer would try to sue Rim based on the fact they sold a product that they said would do X, but now it either doesn't work at all, or works differently, so people want their money back for their BB. I could see it happen.

Quote:
I would assume that you are alone in this view. For the rest of the world, it does not suffice for stuff to work, it must work well. That is the concern with a workaround.
I never said I didn't want it to work well. I want it to work like it does now, or with very limited changes. I think we all agree on that front