View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Default Re: Android Player for PlayBook leaked

Put your playbook in dev mode (Options>Security>Development Mode)
Be warned you will have to set up a password.

Download and install (Please install the appropriate version for your system)
jre-6u25-windows-i586.exe
jre-6u25-windows-x64.exe

Then download and install DDPB Installer.msi (You will need this to install the .bar files)

I did not connect via WiFi, so I will explain the cabled setup.

Connect your Playbook to your computer.
Open the DDLoader

Enter the IP and password of your playbook. (If you do not know it, then click on the small person-like icon next to 'orientation lock')

Click 'Add' then select your .bar file (sys.android.bar) and select all (You may also select 'Run After Finish'

Select Install - You should see it complete in a short time. A popup window will appear with the word Done.

If you choose Run after finish, then your app will start up after installation.
ok. It may seem as if the app hangs (average wait time for app screen to change is 5 - 6 minutes (Don't worry)), then you will see Initializing. Then the Blackberry Logo will appear and start to shimmer, and another wait of 2 - 3 minutes. You will then see a black screeen with a small bar up top that reads 'Recent Tasks'

Swipe down from the top bezel and small orange bar will appear in the bottom of your screen with the words 'Set Home View' select it.
Choose Installed Applications (To go to the backwards in the player you have to swipe the bottom of the screen towards the left)
Goto Settings>Applications and check Unknown Sources and then after the disclaimer choose OK.

Now close the player and reopen, you should be good to go.

Last edited by ZombieBerry; 07-22-2011 at 07:38 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote