View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
rjd75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telus
Default Dissappointed with 9900 on Telus - many issues

Please Login to Remove!

So I have had my 9900 for a few days, I was all excited about it but it really has some issues compared to my 9700 running OS6. Interested to hear from others on Telus.

Battery Life

Where do I start? I can't even get a full 8 hr business day out of the battery and that is with barely any usage. Mostly emails coming in a few bbms and a few phone calls and the battery was in the red by 3pm?? Towards the end of my time with my 9700 I was getting about a 1.5days and I thought that was bad!

Signal Quality

After hours is when I need my phone the most. On weekends I am usually in the Barrie/Orillia area on Lake Simcoe. Previously on my 9700 the signal was not the greatest but I was always able to get calls and data. This 9900 is constantly on 1 bar and dropping out. Calls droppings etc. Totally unacceptable.

Task Switcher issue

As others have mentioned for some reason this new OS constantly throws you in to the task switcher and you can't get out of it as you normally would by hitting the end key.

The Weathernetwork Weather Eye App

I rely on this thing all the time for my weather, for wind patterns etc.. The 9900 version constantly turns off the auto locate feature. Also, since the signal is so weak the app constantly stalls trying to update because it can't get data and then throws an exception error. Really annoying and something i never have experiencied before and I have owned pretty much Every blackberry since 2003.

This 9900 needs an OS update bad, I am a big fan of BB's the 9900 is fantastic for typing with my big hands, but these issues make it unusable and unreliable for me. I need something that works and has a battery that lasts.
Offline   Reply With Quote