MarvinK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11
another proprietary PLUS !!!

****PIN messaging****
I think if RIM wants to actually push the PIN messaging or the Blackberry Messenger, they have a long ways to go in making them more end-user friendly. It doesn't seem like it would take that much work, but it would take an effort on their part. I think they have some catch up on non-RIM messaging. BES41 looks promising for business IM, but most other IM services require annual fees--which isn't competitive with other smart phones.

I love my Blackberry because it works reliably and simply for email. Having said that, its not a great PIM yet. The address book, in particular, it very poor. The third-party applications are limited (yes, RIMRoad and others are inaccurate--but even an accurate list is still relatively unimpressive), but hopefully that will change with the speed of the 8700.

I think part of RIMs problem is marketing. Yes, they need to look at adding a consumer division (and make sure the BES can limit what those consumer models can do in a business environment). But they really need to start thinking about doing more than email--and do it well. Most of their new additions are sloppy, at best. The password manager is a joke (seriously--why not offer a desktop companion?). Blackberry Messenger is clunky. I hope with the new hardware and BES41, and the lawsuit (presumably) behind them, RIM decides to extend from dominating the email market to the smart phone market.

Last edited by MarvinK; 11-21-2005 at 06:47 PM..